Radon In Water Testing

Radon is an invisible, tasteless, odorless, radioactive gas that causes cancer. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking. People who are exposed to radon in drinking water may have an increased risk of getting cancer over the course of a lifetime, especially lung cancer. Problems found with radon in water after conducting a radon in water test can be readily fixed. The most effective treatment is to remove the radon from the water befor it enters the home. 

Treatment of radon in water and (or) (additional mitigation of indoor air radon are (is) recommended.*

Treatment of radon in water is not recommended.*

Treatment of radon in water is considered optional.*

Less than 4,000 pCi/L in water

Between 4,000 & 10,000 pCi/L in water

More than 10,000 pCi/L in water

*Combined sources of indoor air radon (water and soil gas) should be as low as practicable but not greater than
4 pCi/L. As an average for all homes, 10,000 pCi/L of radon in water is comparable to 1 pCi/L of indoor air
radon; this ratio may vary somewhat in any given home.

The North Carolina Radon in Water Advisory Committee recommended treatment is below. 

Alpha Home Inspections, LLC "Know Before You Close"                                                                                                            

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • White Instagram Icon

Like us on Facebook!

Follow us on Instagram!

Raleigh Home Inspector